Our GT Field Mobile Computing (FMC) Metering solution has supported Essential Energy to successfully complete in excess of 20 million meter reads across the New South Wales network!
A representative from Essential Energy highlighted, “‘At Essential Energy, we have in excess of 130 meter readers out in the field every day working in some of the most remote locations across NSW. The GT FMC Metering solution’s mapping capability is one of the major features that attracted us to the solution, providing geographic representation of the metering routes on a map helping us to more effectively schedule work packages or metering rounds. GT FMC Metering provides our coordinators with the tools they require to efficiently plan, review and modify work allocation in ‘real time’. This greatly assists us to ensure we meet daily completion targets in-line with industry timeframes.”
The GT Metering solution has been purposely designed to enhance the meter reading process within the Electricity, Water and Gas industries supporting customers such as Essential Energy, Unity Water and AusNet Services. We at GT ensure solution features are derived from user feedback, industry expectations and ensure our customers conform with government regulatory requirements. The feature rich out of the box capabilities within the core solution assist GT metering customers consistently achieve their performance targets and improve the data quality captured in the field. The progressive nature and evolution of the solution has enabled the core platform to contain a number of differentiators when compared to other metering offerings:
- Data quality: enforced workflows designed to improve the quality of data captured in the field
- Workforce Planning: automated staff roster and route assignment capabilities
- Productivity: real time workforce planning and productivity dashboard
- Real time updates: Automated mobile device data synchronisation ensures work planners have a near real-time snapshot to measure productivity
- Safety: spatially enabled portal ensuring planners know exactly where their staff are working
- Device agnostic: solution available on a variety of common devices and operating systems
- Reporting: equipped with a standard suite of productivity, industry and regulatory reporting capabilities
- Optimised Mobile UI: industry proven mobile interface ensures minimal training
- Data integrity: out of tolerance alerts promoting accurate data capture
- Rapid read capability: provides meter readers with the ability to complete meter reads quickly and accurately
The FMC Metering solution has been purposely designed to streamline the meter reading process, improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and can be scaled for small or large teams of meter readers through cloud hosting. At GT we ensure you will be up and running out in the field reading meters quickly.
GT FMC suite of Mobility solutions additionally includes Asset Inspection, Vegetation Management, Meter Management including Installation and Meter Maintenance, Defect and Maintenance Management and Auditing.